Role: Business Development and Marketing Coordinator
Location: Head office Islington / Agile working
Contract: Full time (6month contract)
Responsible to: Head of Business Development and Marketing
Start date: May 16th 2022
St Martins are an ambitious London based provider of registered care and supported accommodation for people with mental health needs. St Martins currently supports up to 85 individuals across projects in Islington, Brent and Lambeth; with some exciting plans for development for these services and beyond. We work closely with statutory mental health services and our partner agencies to provide an outcome focussed approach to mental health recovery. Our aim is to provide our service users with the opportunity to progress from our services, onto living more independently within the community.
St Martin of Tours (St Martins) are embarking on an exciting period of organisational wide development and are looking for an enthusiastic and creative marketing professional to support the implementation and growth of the Business Development and Marketing framework. We’re searching for a highly qualified marketing coordinator who is detail-oriented and passionate about delivering results.
The new Business Development and Marketing Coordinator role will contribute to existing marketing programs in executing marketing strategies and identifying market trends; while also assisting with the development of new initiatives aligned with company and client goals. It is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to improve their experience and contribute to a wide range of deliverables in supporting the development of the Business Development and Marketing functionality over a 6month period; with a possibility for extension based on results and organisational requirements.
Day to day, the position may draft reports, create or coordinate a range of content, track results, build relationships with stakeholders, and otherwise support all marketing strategies.
The main purpose of the role is to assist in the development and implementation of the company’s strategic marketing strategy;
- Research, maintain and report on marketing data to aid management in determining marketing direction.
- Assist in creating materials used for proposals, correspondence and presentation materials and reports.
- Support marketing day-to-day operations including media campaigns, promotions and projects.
- Arrange and coordinate special events, projects and mailings
- Support the development and execution of a company’s marketing and branding strategies
- developing original copy for social media platforms, website, email and printed advertising materials
- Understanding brand guidelines and consistently implementing the brand voice across all channels and marketing materials
- Support in the maintenance and development of internal tools, including CRM database, contact directory, email marketing, policy and reporting frameworks
- Support internal communication campaigns to effectively distribute key information
- Relationship management functionalities with a focus on lead generation and CRM
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications or related field (essential).
- Prior experience as a marketing coordinator or relevant role.
- Excellent knowledge of traditional and digital marketing methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level critical thinking skills, strong problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and software (MS Office).
- Proficiency and experience with design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro) is desirable.
Main Duties and responsibilities
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check
Job Title: Business Development and Marketing Co-ordinator
E = ESSENTIAL, D = DESIRABLE for applicants to meet relevant standard
Experience of working in marketing and business development
Experience of working in a health, social care, or supported housing accommodation based service setting in mental health
Experience of data analysis and presentation
Excellent IT skills and ability to use a full range of IT software
Experience in designing and developing marketing collateral
First degree and/or diploma aligned to professional qualification
Post graduate diploma or masters level qualification
Knowledge of legal frameworks, policy, and best practice
Interview. Application Form
Understanding of the health and social care environment
Knowledge of marketing strategies and models
Good knowledge of communication strategies across a range of media
Ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English.
Application form/ Interview
Able to use own initiative, skills in problem solving and dealing with ambiguity
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
Ability to communicate and negotiate with colleagues, service users and other professionals.
Aptitude for fostering and maintaining positive relationships
Ability to use design programs including Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign and Illustrator
Committed and empathetic approach towards disadvantaged groups and individuals.
Treat everyone fairly, with respect and dignity, responding sensitively to differences.
Salary & benefits
You will receive 25 days leave each year, pro-rata in addition to statutory public holidays.
The working week is 37.5 hours including a 30-minute break each day.
St Martin of Tours operates a contributory Group Personal Pensions Scheme. Full details of the scheme are available from HR.
Cycle to Work scheme
St Martins operates a health cashback plan